Mettauer Environmental Attends the Aquatic Weed Control Short Course in Orlando
As Southwest Florida’s leader in lake management and environmental services, it was an absolute honor to be a Gold sponsor and attend the prestigious Aquatic Weed Control Short Course in Orlando last month.
The Aquatic Weed Control Short Course is the largest aquatic training event in the country. For the last 40 years, the event has been held in partnership with the University of Florida to teach professionals about new techniques in aquatic and upland weed control. With leading experts in Aquatic vegetation management, the Short Course offers many benefits to amateur and experienced professionals in the industry.
“The team at Mettauer is very thankful to have been part of this great event and come out wiser,” said Sonny Dan Backes. “We learned better ways to eliminate algae from lakes, improved ways to eliminate invasive plants from natural areas, and how to read labels of chemicals that if not used properly are very harmful.”
If you do any of the following, then the Short Course Program offers several benefits for you:
- If you are planning to take the test to become a certified pesticide applicator in Florida
- If you are responsible for aquatic weed control in canals, lakes, golf course ponds, rivers parks, residential developments and other waterways
- If you operate and calibrate pesticide application equipment
- Are employed by a public agency or private company that is responsible for vegetation management along right-of-ways and in natural areas
- If you are an employee of a manufacturer or a distributor that markets aquatic or vegetation management herbicides
- If you use biological control techniques to suppress aquatic weed growth
- If you need to identify aquatic and wetland plants
- If you establish and maintain wetland mitigation areas
We at Mettauer pride ourselves on using knowledge to improve the quality of our service. We cannot wait to attend the next UF Short Course!
About Mettauer Environmental:
Mettauer Environmental is SWFL’s leader in lake management and environmental services. Our company was founded on three fundamental principles that we take pride in exercising daily: superior quality, value, and responsible stewardship. These values are a part of what’s earned us the honor of being a GrowFL Florida Company to Watch. We recognize the importance of the work we do, no matter how big or small the project may be. We proudly serve Lee, Charlotte, Collier, Hendry, Desoto, and Sarasota County.